Location: Mobile, AL
Status Type: Full-Time
Department: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 6791
For immediate confidential consideration, please send your cover letter with salary history and resume, referencing the job position desired in the subject line to:
Plans, coordinates, and directs the day-to-day activities of the Manufacturing Engineering team to ensure company production and quality standards are maintained at the Mobile, Alabama plant location. Has supervisory duties.
- Administer company policies to the Manufacturing Engineering team- Direct and coordinate activities of the department to ensure alignment to company goals and objectives- Assign priorities for work and adjust staffing to ensure manufacturing areas have the necessary support- Track individual employee output and take corrective action where necessary- Ensure that management practices comply with provisions of the CMI-UAW labor agreement- Identify continuous improvement opportunities in support of plant objectives and goals with an emphasis on Lean Manufacturing principles and drive implementation- Ensure effective communication with support teams and adherence to the escalation process- Must have a high sense of urgency and be customer service oriented- Self directing with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively- Must possess a positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering and five (5) years of work experience and training; ten (10) or more years of relevant work experience and training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and standards, schematics, blueprints, and legal documents - Ability to develop presentations and write articles for publication that deal with complex manufacturing issues- Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from top management, managers, clients, customers, and other public groups
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Understanding of basic GD&T - Basic knowledge of G code programming and macro variable logic- Proficient with basic shop floor gaging methods- Sound knowledge of metal cutting, grinding, and honing operations- Basic knowledge of engine assembly operations- Basic knowledge of work instructions and process flows common in an engine manufacturing facility
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions - Ability to perform root cause analysis
- Microsoft Windows and Cloud infrastructure- Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)- Autodesk Software (AutoCAD, Inventor, etc.)- Visual Fox Pro - ERP Systems
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs- Must be able to walk distances of over 1 mile during the course of the day- Must be able to work in safety sensitive areas- Must be able to frequently bend, squat, kneel, climb and stand on the manufacturing floor for the entire work day
No faxes, phone calls or other correspondence will be accepted. EOE/M/F/D/V