Location: Mobile, AL
Status Type: Full-Time
Requisition Number: 6785
For immediate confidential consideration, please send your cover letter with salary history and resume, referencing the job position desired in the subject line to:
Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing assembly processes to ensure company production and quality standards are maintained. Contributes to the performance of the department by achieving all relevant KPI's.
- Thorough understanding of assembly operations including tooling and fastening systems. General aviation piston engine assembly and test experience preferred but not required.- Create detailed manufacturing work instructions.- Evaluate processes and solicit feedback from production team members for continuous improvement initiatives.- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements and process flow.- Design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.- Specify and confer with equipment vendors on equipment, materials, tooling, and gaging needed to perform operations. - Evaluate products per design data and quality standards.- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.- Work with maintenance staff to troubleshoot production equipment issues.- Train shop floor team members on production processes.- Develop and identify continuous improvement opportunities in support of plant objectives and goals with an emphasis on Lean Manufacturing principles.- Proficient with basic shop floor gaging methods.- Self directing with the ability to manage assigned projects.- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work with and lead production and maintenance team members in assembly equipment troubleshooting and help drive corrective actions.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four year college or university or 6 years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and standards, schematics, blueprints and legal documents. - Ability to write reports, business correspondence and work instructions.- Ability to effectively communicate, coach and train shop floor team members on processing information.- Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and other public groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. - Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Microsoft Windows and Cloud infrastructure.- Microsoft Office Professional Suite - Autodesk Software - ERP Systems.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.- Must be able to walk distances of over 1 mile during the course of the day.- Must be able to work in safety sensitive areas.- Must be able to frequently bend, squat, kneel, climb and stand on the manufacturing floor for the entire work day.
No faxes, phone calls or other correspondence will be accepted. EOE/M/F/D/V