Location: Mobile, AL
Status Type: Full-Time
For immediate confidential consideration, please send your cover letter with salary history and resume, referencing the job position desired in the subject line to:
Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes to ensure company production and quality standards are maintained at the Mobile, Alabama plant location. No supervisory duties.
- Create detailed manufacturing work instructions.- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and process flow.- Design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.- Confer with Purchasing, Planning and Design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.- Specify equipment, materials, tooling, and gaging needed to perform operations. - Evaluate products per design data and quality standards.- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.- Confer with maintenance staff to troubleshoot production equipment issues.- Train shop floor team members on production processes.- Develop and identify continuous improvement opportunities in support of plant objectives and goals with an emphasis on Lean Manufacturing principles.- Develop and alter CNC programs to support continuing production activities
Bachelors degree in Engineering from four year college or university, or 6 years relatedexperience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and standards, schematics, blueprints, and legal documents. - Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and work instructions.- Ability to effectively communicate, coach, and train shop floor team members on processing information.- Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other public groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Understanding of basic GD and T. - Basic knowledge of G code programming and macro variable logic.- Ability to perform minor CNC program changes at the control on the shop floor.- Proficient with basic shop floor gaging methods.- Sound knowledge of metal cutting, grinding, and honing operations.- Basic knowledge of engine assembly operations.- Self directing with the ability to manage assigned projects.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. - Ability to perform root cause analysis.
Windows, AutoCAD, Power Point, Excel, Word, Visual Fox Pro and ERP Systems.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.- Must be able to walk distances of over 1 mile during the course of the day.- Must be able to work in safety sensitive areas.- Must be able to frequently bend, squat, kneel, climb and stand on the manufacturing floor for the entire work day.
No faxes, phone calls or other correspondence will be accepted. EOE/M/F/D/V